Impress anyone(including yourself) just by combining lemon, garlic, butter, cod, parsley and potatoes. Guaranteed a wholesome meal under 30 minutes.
- 1 Cod Fillet
- 3 Tbsp of Garlic Butter
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp of pepper
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp of parsley, chopped
- 1 potato, diced.
- 1/2 Lemon, sliced.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Using a small bowl, mix the garlic butter, olive oil, pepper, salt and parsley till they become a paste.
- Take a spoonful of paste and spread it on your baking tray. Lay your potatoes on the baking tray.
- Spread the paste on both side of the cod, and place the cod on the potatoes.(You can pour the remaining paste on the top of the cod!)
- Topped the cod with your sliced lemon and sprinkle parsley all over the dish.
- Bake the Cod for 18 minutes, or till cod flake easily.
- Serve as is or you could take it out and plate it nicely for your camera.
I've personally tried this and I gotta say this method of cooking is just physics at work. The oven is able to bake all the sides of the cod as it was suspended by being placed on top the potatoes. As the heat melts the paste, the spillovers gave potatoes the zesty flavour as well. I gotta say this recipe is indeed for everyone who owns an oven. And do your oven a favour, use it.